March 21, 2009

Geese Scare Me

I was feeling generally punky today so we decided to pack up our old crackers and cereal and go to the regional park to feed the birds and squirrels...and take pictures.

We got there and H grabbed the dog and the crackers, I grabbed my camera and got ready to shoot. I was a little nervous at first because the geese are really big, and apparently I've watched way too many America's Funniest Videos, so when the geese started staring me down and slowly walking toward me, I felt a little panicky. I heard a little squeaky voice telling H "throw food at them" "don't let them bite me" "they're coming!" and then I realized it was my voice.

After H threw a ton of cheerios and quite a few oyster crackers, I finally started to relax. They hadn't charged me like the ones on TV, and for that I was extremely grateful. I was able to get quite a few pictures and no geese bites.

But geese still scare me.















No comments: