September 28, 2010

Pieces of Me

I don't regret my mistakes. They have made me who I am today.

I've heard that message many times over the years, from many different people. Heck, I've said it even more times than I can remember. But it's true. Your mistakes do have a part in who you become over time. Just like anything that erodes, chips away, and polishes an object, so do actions, reactions, and relationships.

The people in our lives are a big part of "the process." I have noticed that I absorb things from people who are, or have been, on my personal radar. I try to keep the positive things, and try to avoid repeating the negative. In other words, learn from their pain, not mine.

So, here are a few of the pieces of me collected from others...

HC: -Hearts of Palm. I should never have learned this because they are awesome good, but expen$ive.
-If you gain weight easily by eating a certain thing, it means your body cannot process it (scary)

AN: Sushi - (as in, California rolls. I do not eat raw things, so that's as "sushi" as I get)

CJ: -V-neck T-shirts are awesome comfortable for lounging/sleeping in.
-Jealousy limits your number of friends.

ES: Share.

JSC: Having lots of friends helps you survive being alone.

LA: -Walking. (Walk, walk, walk..)
-Feed and nurture your spirituality and inner self for peace.
-Don't be afraid to go on adventures...by yourself.

JE & GM: When the money runs out, so do some friendships.

SH: Don't mix diuretics with wine. (Hey, this is important! LOL!)

TG: When life gets tough, singing helps.

AL: Sometimes no matter how hard you love, if it's the wrong person, it won't work.

DL: Even the most horrible people can have a "happy ever after." (Argh!!!)

TG: -It's okay to laugh at yourself.
-Don't trade your happiness for security.

BD: Genetics do make a huge difference in a person being evil.

GK: Refuse to allow the dark thoughts, and only host happy thoughts. Surprisingly, life is a pretty nice place by doing this.

HG: Perseverance is the absolute key!

Well, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of a ton more things later, but superficial or deeply meaningful, these "things" sit on the top of the heap for me - who knows why, but they do. Funny how some things just stick.

B

2 comments:

LSBF consultant said...

It’s glad to see good information being convey. Its a very nice written, and i really like these blog. Thanks for the info.

Magenta said...

Beautiful writing Barbara. Love your work :)