January 09, 2008

Min Pin Mania

For those of you who have Min Pins (Miniature Pinschers) you will totally understand this video. For those of you who don't, let me set it up for you.

Min Pins are a very small breed of dog (mine is six pounds), but they DO NOT KNOW THIS. They have the heart of a lion, and tend to choose off other much larger dogs if the mood strikes them. My Mina has confronted large German Shepherds, Wolfhounds and the like, however, she does not bite them, and has never gotten into a fight (she's always leashed for her own safety). Luckily for her, the dogs have merely looked at her like she's insane. I have tried to teach her to choose her battles more wisely, but since she does not know she's little, she carries on the like the huge animal she is (in her head) and figures that a German Shepherd is about the right weight class for her.

Mina also runs our house, and when she wants something, SHE WANTS IT, and gets frustrated when we don't understand what she's saying.

There you have the setup.

Last night Mina wanted something. She hopped up onto the couch next to me with her typical I-have-something-I-need-to-tell-you look. This is how our conversation went.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make tiny bandanas to fit these dogs.

Barbara said...

Oh, how cute!

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about that topic. Thanx for posting that material.