November 18, 2006

I'm Joining the [blog] Party...


Welcome to my blog!

I'm an "emerging professional" (don't you love that term??) photographer on the road to "full emergence," and invite you to join me on this adventure of mine. I'll be posting some of my photos, my thoughts on different subjects, interesting quotes, notable people, places and things I come across, and anything else I feel like sharing with you.

A little about me...

I've been studying Photography and Photoshop for a few years now, and just attended the Photoshop Power Tour in L.A. (which was AWESOME). I have to admit I'm somewhat [totally] addicted to taking classes; in part due to the great information I get, the fully equipped labs at my beck and call, and also because I just love the people I meet. I've gotten to know some of the coolest people at school, and while I keep in touch with some of them "on the outside," there are others I only see on campus. Hence, my "addiction" to school. That said, however, I'm opting for an online class this semester to brush up my HTML skills, and to free up more time for shooting and working on series development.

Fate and good fortune have allowed me to learn so much from some amazing artists, and I've been fortunate enough to assist some of the best photographers in the business. In addition to my own photography and assisting, I'm currently working part-time for a high-end wedding photographer, whose talent is unbelievable!

Canon is my weapon of choice ;-) I use Canon F1 and A1 for my film photography, Canon 20D for my digital photography, and a Holga camera for my fine art photography. I process my own images, and enjoy the creativity, control and uniqueness of both wet and digital darkrooms.

My other photographic interests are hand-coloring, digital hand-coloring, restoration and digital art, and I am currently exploring infrared photography.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and welcome to my journey...


Barbara

Memento Vivere

3 comments:

Bob Meinhard said...

Barbara - AWESOME start to your blog and great shots of your turkey day! I am glad you have decided to take 152 this spring - looking forward to lots of fun with Bill A!!! BOB

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your artist statement!!! Now write MINE!!...lol.....I keep trying....What you have here is nothing short of FANTASTIC!! Love ya.....
Peace...
Sara Lee

Anonymous said...

Barbara - WOW girlfriend....beautiful, heartwarming shots!! You made me hungry and what's more, you almost made me cry when I saw all the LOVE........in the words and photos......Very COOL!
Cheers,
Sara