November 26, 2006

A Beautiful Thanksgiving...












Once again we were blessed to have a beautiful Thanksgiving meal together as a family, compliments of my sister. She always manages to make the best food, and plenty of it, and does it with lots of love (her secret ingredient). The table was gorgeous, as usual, and although I can't prove it, it seems that she never uses the same dishes twice!












I'm so thankful to have my family. With all the hustle and bustle in my life, I don't get to see them as much as I'd like, but I'm working on that. My sister said if we'd drive up once a month she'd be more than happy to make a nice meal for us so we can all spend more time together. I'm going to try and make it at least every other month (it's quite a drive).












My mother has always been worried about my being a workaholic, and she said something very wise to me a long time ago; "Don't find yourself an old woman one day with no fond memories." Ever since she said that to me I've tried to take the time to live my life more fully. I keep the quote "Memento Vivere" [Remember to Live] as a reminder not to be so busy that I forget to live and make happy memories.












I'm also very thankful my friends; old friends, new friends, and future friends. It's nice to get those holiday greeting emails and phone calls from well wishers. Just the fact that they are thinking of you and care enough to take a moment to wish you well is something I never take for granted. I've always loved to make friends and share in people's lives.












My mom is spending the week with me. It's really hard to let her go home again once the visit comes to an end. I always feel like I'm a kid again when my mom's around me. I was lucky enough to have the perfect childhood and wouldn't change a single thing about it. I think this is the greatest gift my mom has ever given me.












Yes, I am blessed to have so much to be thankful for...

No comments: