December 13, 2007

I Can Now Find My Way Out of a Paper Bag

It has been suggested that I have trouble finding my way out of a paper bag. This is not completely true, but does base itself in semi-fact. I have gotten myself lost many times, BUT I have good backtracking skills, and always got out of my jam. Or I have people I can call and have them guide me. (This is a bit tricky, since I'm only describing where I am and they have to picture it in their minds).

This can be irritating and perplexing, because at my worst I've almost had people miss their flights (I was the shuttle), it's taken me 5 hours to make a 1-hour round trip (errands), and I missed two back-to-back commitments being late for the first, and then because the first one ran late, that made me late for the second (meeting friends). So, as you can see, this is a bit of a problem.

I have some navigational issues.

A. I DO NOT know north, south, east or west.
B. I DO know left and right.
C. I DO know "toward the mountains" and "toward the ocean."
D. I tend to talk too much if I have (a) riding companion(s), and totally miss the turns.
E. If I'm on what appears to be one of my beaten paths, I sometimes go "auto-pilot" and miss my turns to the new destination.
F. If I'm on a cell phone while driving I almost always miss my turns.

These are no longer issues for me :-D

Santa told the Amazon.com elves to bring me my big present early this Christmas.

(Okay, confession: We always open our big gifts as soon as we get them. We're very irresponsible that way)

Anyway, here it is:



Yay!

I like this one because you don't have to leave it in the car, and if you go on vacation you can just have it in your pocket or bag and use it when necessary (HUGE perk!) Also, because you don't have to leave it in your car, chances of people nabbing it are smaller.

And speaking of vacation, if you go out of the country you can download special maps that give you directions for pretty much anywhere in the world. And it has a currency converter, language translator, plays audiobooks, view pictures, and on and on and on!

Another excuse for me to take a foreign vacation? Hmm... Perhaps...

So, there it is. My newest and greatest treasture.

I'll let you know how I like it after I've used it awhile.

No comments: