February 22, 2009

I Hate When Things Don't Work...

I don't know if you've noticed, but some of my blog postings are missing.

Blogspot is working fine, I deleted them intentionally...like an idiot.

So, long story long - I am completely addicted to my iPhone and the glorious selection of apps that come with. I found this really cool app recently - iBlog, or something like that, which would allow me to blog directly from my iPhone.

Yeah, right.

It has some pretty good reviews, although, I admit I usually only read one or two (ADD-esque). I toss my 99 cents into the mix and download it. I selected my blog host, loaded my blog url and password. All's well.

When I select my blog to actually open it up I get completely bbooted out of the program! Argh!

Try, try again..and again, and again (just keep repeating this for about a day - that's how many tries I made)

I contact the app writers and I get a response in a reasonable amount of time. They suggested a couple of solutions (disable Feedburner, fix any errors, blah, blah, blah). Okay. Feedburner disabled. No luck.

I check the validity of my blog feed. It says it's okay, but offers a few suggestions for "fixes" that might optimize my feed.

Fixing the suggested "errors" (suggestions) is an endless loop of bait and switch. I fix one, and then another is listed. Most of these errors involve any posts with images.

Hello?! I'm a photographer!

So that is why there are some posts missing. I deleted them.

My blog is still in the exact same condition it always was, and the app still does not work.

That sucks.

B

No comments: