February 24, 2009

LAISSER LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!




Today is Fat Tuesday, so the crowds are out in droves for Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I had such a fun time when I was in New Orleans a few years ago. The history of the area is incredible. I made it a point to take as many ghost tours as possible (I love that stuff). The Cajun music took me over completely, and I think it was a good two months or so before I could stop playing my "Hot Cajun" CD's.

Sipping chickory coffee and eating beignets at Cafe Du Monde, watching the riverboats, and enjoying all the street performers.

(Travel Tip 1: IF you take a picture of the street performers, make sure you give them their tip. Trust me on this! LOL!)

(Travel Tip 2: If you find yourself in the vacinity of a voodoo practitioner, DO NOT take pictures. I repeat, DO NOT TAKE PICTURES. Again, trust me on this!)

The above picture is of some masks and beads I got while I was there. (I'll spare you the shot of the gator head I brought back for H). I'll dig up some more pics and post them in the next day or two.

Laisser les bons temps rouler!

B

No comments: