October 17, 2009

Michigan - Day Four

I am truly blessed to have such great friends.

Today D & V drove me hundreds of miles so I could experience a dream come true.

The movie "Somewhere in Time" is H and my favorite love story of all time. A long while back I researched the hotel where the movie was filmed and found out it was The Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island, Michigan. "Well, that's the end of that," was my conclusion, thinking I would never travel to Michigan, and by extension, would never see The Grand Hotel.

Today changed all that.






It is more beautiful than I imagined, and I couldn't believe I was there!

Even better, it just happens that this weekend is the "Somewhere in Time" weekend, and there were a lot of people dressed in period clothing.

It was a great, great day, and I am so grateful to my friends who made it possible.

B

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: