November 16, 2007

TGIF!!

The happiest day of the week for me is Friday. Not Saturday or Sunday, but Friday. Why? Because it's the part of the weekend that is the farthest away from Monday without actually using up your weekend ducats. Fridays are always great for daydreaming about what you'll get to do over the weekend, where you'll go, who you'll run into.

AND you can stay up really late without worrying about how tired you'll be when you have to crawl out of bed in the morning. You really don't even have to get out of bed if you don't feel like it.

Personally, I can't bear to sleep away my weekend. I mean, who wants to waste their leisure time? It's like taking off on sick time when you're actually sick. What a waste of a day off. I stay up late and get up early on the weekends, and try to pack 10,000 things into my little two-day weekly vacation. I LOVE the weekends!

Okay, so what to do??

A no-miss, as far as I'm concerned, is the swap meet. Or, as it is now known, "The Orange County Marketplace." (It'll always be the swap meet to me)

It is a great place to spend the day. Lots of people and vendors, great deals, good deals, not-so-good deals. And if you happen to be in the market for cheap sunglasses - this is the place to be. Oh, and the plants are beautiful, and you can't find cheaper hair thingies. And hats! And -- well, you get it.




If you're a beer drinker, you can grab a beer, get the kids some ice cream or churros, maybe a pretzel, and off you go. Personally? A soda and some Fire Bites (super spicy little hot dog pieces) rock my world :D



You really never know who or what you'll see at the swap meet. Last week we saw the Mayan guys, who have been there for a looooong time. Their music is really cool, and has a haunting tonality to it. If you go you'll know exactly who I'm talking about once you get there.

Then we also saw a guy in a Scottish outfit (kilt, etc.) playing a violin and rocking out (didn't really get the connect between the outfit and the music, although, he did play well)

And these two 49'er-looking guys who had this crazy antique SUV from a gabillion years ago. Apparently these guys travel around to various sites, such as campgrounds, and perform their act. They're actually really entertaining, and I'm sure they do very well.



So, what'd I get on my last swap meet excursion? A blue "diamond" paperweight that weighs about a pound ($3.00), a sticker for the back window of my car (heart with tribal, $6.00), a cool gray cap, which I used that day at the swap meet, and the next day for taking pics at the beach ($6.00), and some windchimes I had to replace, because my mom fell in love with my last one and I gave it to her ($10.00).

Treasures, every one.

Oh, and I got to use my cool "old lady" cart that is semi-new. I bought a license plate for it, but haven't had a chance to put it on yet. I'm also going to get a horn. So nerdy, but so funny.


Me? I prefer to laugh...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: