October 13, 2007

The Amazing Art of Phil Hansen

"Bizarre."

That's the first word that comes to mind when I think of Phil Hansen's art. "Wow" is the second.

When I first saw Phil Hansen's work and technique I was mesmerized! His artwork is amazing, but his technique is what raises him to a level that is rarely visited by us mere mortals. His tools consist of many of his body parts; hands, feet, chest, cheek, stomach, to name a few, but then in comes ink, matchsticks, teriyaki sauce, wads of paper, or his own blood, and the finished product is a real standout.

His imagination is amazing, and while you may not agree with his message, the way he conveys that message through his dual-level art is brilliant.

If you take a few minutes to check him out, I'm sure you'll be as amazed as I was.



Phil Hansen's website: philinthecircle.com

1 comment:

Ikle.Kaiy said...

I agree it is unique, but it freeks me out lol.... I'm more of a simple person. I like that i like. I will always take time to look around for new ideas... But yes very wierd.. wouldnt go into my log book for anything of my style it would be admited. And thank you for showing some of his work.
Kaiy