October 14, 2007

Today I Am Grateful...

I always try to tell people who are having a rough patch that everything happens for a reason. I truly believe this. Even though this is very difficult to fathom while we are in the middle of a crisis, down the road, if you really open your mind, you can see how that incident was meant to be. And I'm not talking about your bad decisions, or setting yourself up for failure - YOU are responsible for these things. Own them. I'm talking about those occurrences and situations that are seemingly out of our control.

For instance:

The Dark Cloud: Saturday we were supposed to drive up to see my mom. I haven't seen her for awhile, and I really miss her. Well, without boring you with details, several things came up out of nowhere and the trip had to be postponed.

The Silver Lining: I'm sure you heard about the horrific fiery crash that happened Saturday on the Interstate 5 in Santa Clarita? That is the exact route we would have been on. And while we would not have been in the truck tunnel, the entire highway has been shut down since the accidents happened, and is still backed up for miles.

So, I remain a true believer in "what will be." I believe if you are patient and open yourself to really see your life's timeline, you will more often than not realize that we are guided through our journey.

Take time to feel your path.

No comments: