October 11, 2007

It's Starting to Feel Like Autumn!


It's breezy, cool, and the nights are crisp. Autumn is finally here. And even in Southern California you can find colorful autumn scenery to stroll through.

This is my favorite time of year - okay, it does almost tie with spring for me, but it's still my favorite by a nose. I love this time of year because for the next five months, each month has its own major holiday theme. I love that (!) and I'll be adding some cool things to do and places to go for the holidays in the days to come.

For now, this picture should put you in a fall mood. It was taken at a local arboretum. I love arboretums. Right in the middle of the city, you feel like you've been transported to another world.

Remember to enjoy the holidays. Do a little less, and spend more time actually enjoying the festivities. So many times people try to do or buy too much, and the holidays become a nightmare for them. If you simply eliminate everything that isn't mandatory, and be more spontaneous, you'll have more time and money at the end of the season, and will have actually enjoyed it!

And besides, most of the time after a few weeks or months pass, people (especially the kids) don't even remember what they got, so don't kill yourself trying to get everything.

Just breathe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful scene captured. Looks so tranquil.